Yaw Manu has been in a relationship with Yaa Amponsah for six months now and Yaa feels that their relationship is not strong enough. “Yaa has been saying to me often, ‘Incorporate me deeper into your life so that we can have a fantastic relationship.’ I love Yaa very much and she loves me too and we want this relationship to continue until we marry. I know that there are areas we can improve upon and we have begun working on those areas. However, I need more ideas to help us have a strong relationship. I want to know things I can do so that my girlfriend can also incorporate me deeper into her heart. I would be happy if you could help me in this regard,” Yaw requests.
If you also feel that there is a lot of room for improvement in your romantic relationship, then here are some things you can do to create a great relationship.
1. Remind Yourself Of The Early Days Of The Relationship Often
Talk about what you used to do when you first started dating, and how you related to each other then, and some of the things you did that helped to maintain the love in your relationship. Then, start doing some of those things again. It will help to rejuvenate the love you feel for each other and you will bond better and stronger.
2. Show Gratitude To Your Girlfriend Every Day
A study has revealed that when lovers show gratitude, it can make the lovers feel strongly bonded to each other. Additionally, appreciating your partner will make him or her feel satisfied to be in the relationship.
So, when you appreciate the sacrifices that your girlfriend makes to make you happy, it will make her feel happy and she will be willing to do more to enhance the quality of the relationship.
Furthermore, when you let her know that what she is doing for you touches your heart and makes you have stronger feelings for her, she will see that you care about her and she is more likely to also develop deeper affection for you.
So, thank her when sacrifices her credit to call you. Thank her when she spends quality time with you engaging you in exciting conversation. Thank her when she nurses you during sickness, and let her know that you appreciate it when she tells you she loves you.
3. Practice Active Listening
Good communication is essential for the stability of any romantic relationship: when you can express yourself well and get your girlfriend to understand the messages that you want to convey, you will find it easier to address differences and resolve conflicts and that will help both of you to maintain the stability of your relationship.
One aspect of communication you must take seriously is active listening. How do you do that?
- Do your best to be sensitive to what she says to you, instead of ignoring her concerns and the issues she may have about the way you are treating her, or instead of ignoring the changes she wants you to make in the way you relate to her so that the relationship can become stronger.
- Additionally, when you have conversations, let your girlfriend know that you are following what she is saying by asking her to clarify certain points, asking her questions based on what she said to you, looking into her face, nodding when she says something you appreciate, and shaking your head when she says something that you disagree with.
Listening to her actively will make her feel that you value her opinions and her concerns and that can help her maintain the love she has for you.
4. Be Kind To Your Partner
When you show kindness to your girlfriend, she will feel wanted and that will make her feel happy, which will increase the likelihood that she will be emotionally stable. When her emotions are in a state of equilibrium, she is more likely to relate to you lovingly and that can help to enhance the connection between the two of you.
So, avoid criticizing her unfairly or condemning her when she makes mistakes. Rather, focus on her positives, remind yourself of the things she does right in the relationship, and let that help you to treat her with respect and honor.
5. Show Humility At All Times
A study has revealed that humility can help to make a relationship last for a long time. When you choose to be humble, you will find it easier to say to your girlfriend, “What you did hurt me, but because I love you so much, and for the sake of our relationship, I forgive you.”
Additionally, when you choose to be humble, you are more likely to sacrifice your comfort to make her feel happy in the relationship. Consequently, she is more likely to be pleased with the way you treat her, she may reciprocate by treating you with respect and honor, and that can help to solidify your relationship.
So, show humility. How can you do that?
- Remind yourself often that there are things she can do better than you. Moreover, remind yourself often that there are things which you need her to do for you. When you remind yourself of your limitations this way, you will be more willing to learn from her and that will make it easier for you to control your ego.
- Admit your mistakes when you make them. And learn to apologize to her when you see that you have erred.
- Learn not to take things she does which you are not comfortable with too seriously all the time. Learn to laugh at yourself and some of her goofs sometimes because it will help you to control your pride, as well as help you to resist the urge to retaliate when she says or does something you dislike.
6. Be Quick To Forgive Your Girlfriend When She Hurts You
When you forgive your girlfriend, when you choose to release bitterness, you will find it easier to relate to her with respect and that can help both of you to resolve conflicts amicably. Resolving differences in a peaceful manner will help to maintain the stability and integrity of the relationship.
Additionally, when you learn to forgive, you will not engage in shouting matches with her when you have disagreements. Consequently, tempers may not rise to the point where both of you will feel very bitter towards each other, and that will make it easier for you to discuss your differences and solve them in a spirit of understanding.
Your partner may say to you sometimes, “Incorporate me deeper into your life so that we can have a great relationship.” To do that, remind each other of the early days of your relationship and try to relive those days, thank your girlfriend for what she does for you, listen to her concerns with an empathetic ear, show kindness to her, do your best to be humble, and forgive her from your heart when she wrongs you.
You Might Also Like To Read:
Copyright ©2018 All rights reserved Christian Dating Advice for Men