Have you broken-up with your ex-girlfriend?
Do you want to learn secrets that will help you to cope with a breakup with your girlfriend?
Do you want to know ways to get over a breakup?
Then read on because in this article, I will give you tips on ways you can deal with a breakup.
Here we go…
Related: 6 Smart Ways to Cope With a Breakup
1. Eat These Foods Often During This Period
- Do you love eating fiber-rich foods, such as rice bran, wheat germ, soya beans, or peas?
- Do you love eating oysters and cashew nuts?
Nope? Then you might consider including these foods in your diet.
- foods rich in zinc such as oysters and cashews; and
- foods rich in vitamin B, such as the cereals and legumes mentioned above
stimulate the release of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, from the brain. These neurotransmitters help one to feel calm.
So, make sure you include a lot of these foods in your diet. They will help to boost your mood so that you will not mope about your ex-girlfriend.
2. Use The “Pet Interaction And Socializing Strategy”
Do you know a dog can help you to get over your girlfriend? Do you know a cat, parrot, horse, or rabbit can also help you to cope with a breakup?
I can already hear you murmur and complain under your breath.
I am feeling so depressed and want someone to help me deal with the situation.
And you talk about animals? How can these animals help me to cope with depression after a breakup?
Here’s the deal:
Caring For The Pet Will Help To Distract You
You will have to see to it that your pet eats, drinks, and avoids any mischief in the house, right? As you apply your mind to this “full-time job,” you will think less and less about the breakup.
The Pet Will Help Boost Your Self-esteem
Do you know why you feel like a loser? It’s because you are depressed. And that depression makes you feel unlovable. Consequently, you feel no other woman will ever love you again. And so you keep thinking about your girlfriend.
However, when you get a pet
- it will help to boost your self-esteem;
- a boost in confidence will make you feel more positive about life;
- consequently, you will find it easier to see all the other “romance possibilities” and you will stop thinking about your ex-girlfriend.
How can the pet help to boost my self-esteem, you may be wondering?
How A Pet Can Help Boost Your Self-esteem
- Psychologists assert that when one does a task, he/she begins to feel that he/she owns that task. And when that person succeeds at doing that task well, he/she feels like a responsible person.
- When you wake up each morning and your rabbit or hamster is still alive, it will help to reinforce to yourself that you are capable of caring for something. That feeling will help you to feel good about yourself. And you will start thinking, “Of course! I can make another woman fall in love with me!”
The Pet Will Offer Friendship
Your human friends give you their opinions about the breakup, right?
You should have done this… You should not have done that…
And that makes you feel very lonely. And so you crave the companionship of your ex-girlfriend, right? At least, she was very understanding.
Well, a pet can be there for you without making you feel worse.
You can share your thoughts and feelings with it without getting criticized. Expressing yourself without being judged will give you inner peace and you will find it easier to feel content about your loss.
The Pet Will Help You To Exercise
You will have to walk your pet to make it poop, right?
- As you walk it down the pavement in your neighborhood, or down a street in your town, you will be exercising, right?
- That exercise will make your brain release chemicals known as endorphins into your bloodstream.
- The endorphins produce a calming effect on the body and they will make you feel good.ClicktoTweet
3. Use “The Girlfriend Devaluation Strategy”: Blow What You Never Liked About Your Ex-Girlfriend Out Of Proportion
There were many times in your past relationship when your ex-girlfriend did things that made you ask yourself, “Am I with the right woman?”, right?
You can use those things to help you think less about your ex-girlfriend.
You’re probably wondering,
How can I do that? I loved her. And I still have feelings for her.
Here’s the kicker:
How “The Girlfriend Devaluation Strategy” Can Help You To Cope With A Breakup
You have things that you value very much in your life, right? It may be your shoe, laptop, or smartphone, right? And because you value these things, you think about them often and you feel an emotional attachment to them, right?
On the other hand, you do not spend too much time thinking about things you don’t value in your life, right? Like your old clothes, old books and things like that, right? Because they are unattractive, right?
Likewise, when you harp on all those not-so-great things she did, your feelings for her will grow weaker and weaker.
As you continue the exercise, she’ll start to look terrible in your eyes. And then you will find it easier to disconnect emotionally from those memories that make you feel connected to her.
Well, a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do to survive, right? And science shows that it helps.
4. Read Novels About Guys Who Overcome Breakups
As you read these books, you will benefit in these ways:
- Following the lives of the “heroes” will help you to learn about how other guys deal with their fears and worries after relationship breakups. Consequently, you can pick two or three tricks you can use to handle the pain.
- As you learn about how some of the characters survive breakups, you will see that once others have done it, you can also do it.
5. Practice Yoga For 30 Minutes Every Day
You feel anxious about the future, right? You are so worried and you feel that you cannot find another woman, right?
One thing that can help in coping with a breakup is doing yoga. Research shows that when one does yoga, the levels of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) increases in the body. GABA reduces the excitability of nerves in the body, thereby helping one to calm down. ClicktoTweet
Additionally, yoga makes one slow down and live in the present moment so that one can decompress mentally and release worries and fears from the mind.
So, do yoga often. Here is an easy yoga pose which you can do:
- Stand straight in your bedroom.
- Think about something pleasant, such as winning the lawsuit, receiving your compensation, or surviving the mesothelioma and living long enough to see your grandchildren.
- Breathe in deeply.
- Join your hands in your hip area.
- Breathe out gently.
- Start inhaling again and whilst you do so, separate your hands and raise them laterally to the level of your shoulder.
- Arch your body forwards as far as it can go, whilst still keeping your hands outstretched.
- Hold that position for 5 seconds and then release the air from your lungs slowly.
- As you inhale again, raise your body to the starting position. Your hands should still be outstretched.
- Exhale slowly.
- Then, arch your body backwards as far as it can go.
- Inhale again and straighten your body.
- With your arms still outstretched, bend your knees and lower your body slowly until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Exhale slowly and count up to 5.
- Then rise slowly until your body is straight again.
- Stretch your left leg laterally. Count up to 10. Then, bring it back to its original position.
- Stretch your right leg laterally, count up to 10, and then bring it back to its original position.
- Then, lie down flat on your back, breathe in deeply, count up to 10, and then breathe out slowly. Repeat this for 5 minutes.
Do this exercise twice a day: early in the morning and just before you take your bath in the evening.
Points To Remember
To help you cope with a breakup:
- touch, hug, cuddle, and play with a pet often;
- do things that will make you devalue your ex-girlfriend in your eyes;
- read about how other guys deal with breakups; and
- practice yoga
and you will feel better.
Hire Me Freelance Writer
Hi, I’m Isaac. I’m a dating/relationship blogger. Thanks for reading this article. I hope you found it useful.
I wanted to let you know that I’m also a Freelance dating/relationship/health writer for hire who offers blog writing, in-depth researched article writing, SEO writing, copywriting, proofreading, and eBook writing services.
Overcome The Breakup With These Two eBooks
I’m also an indie author. I help people just like you to solve their relationship problems.
Checkout my eBooks “How To Deal With Tragedy 1” and “How to Deal With Tragedy 2” These eBooks show you what you can do to cope with heartache such as a breakup.
Copyright ©2018 All rights reserved Christian Dating Advice for Men