How to Keep Your Girlfriend Happy: Make Time for Her
Source: Getty Images
How can you keep your girlfriend happy? How can you keep your girlfriend in love with you forever? What can you do to keep your girlfriend attracted to you so that she will never leave you?
1. Make Time for Her
Girls like to share their joys and successes with their boyfriends, and also regularly want to ask advice from their guys, and share their pain and heartaches with the men in their lives. To be able to do this for your girlfriend, you need to make time just to be with her so that she can unload her heart’s desires, and her inner feelings to you. It will give her great joy when you go around often and listen to her.
To keep your girlfriend interested in you and in the relationship, plan meetings with her into your busy schedule.
2. Be Attentive
If you want to keep your girlfriend in love with you, learn to be attentive to what she says. When a girl wants to pass across some information, she wants you to stop whatever you are doing and give her hundred percent attention. Girls do not like it when they are saying something to you, or telling you something, and you give them divided attention.
If you want to keep your girlfriend happy, pay attention to what she says to you.
3. Let Her Feel Special
You must make a conscious effort to make your girlfriend feel as if she is the most important girl in the world, and that you see her as the Queen of your heart, if you want to keep your girlfriend loyal to you.
- You can do this by sometimes just keeping quiet when you are having a conversation, just looking at her, admiring her beauty, and then you can say something like, “Sarah, I think you are the most beautiful and most wonderful girl in the whole wide world!”
- Akua, a student said, “I’ll be in the middle of saying something to my boyfriend and I’m suddenly aware he is looking at me in a strange way. And then he tells me he loves me. It blows my mind away and makes me see that I am a special girl. I love it. It makes me feel good inside.”
- Another way you can make your girlfriend feel special is to send her surprise love text messages from time to time. It will let her know she is always on your mind.
4. Show You Care
- When a girl spends time with her girlfriends and she meets you the next time, she wants you to ask her how things went.
- When a girl visits you at the end of the schooling or working day, she wants you to ask her how her day went.
- When a girl wears new clothes, or does a new hairstyle, she wants you to comment about it.
- If you want to keep your girlfriend happy, make it a habit to inquire about how things are going in her life, and how she is getting along with her friends and family. When you keep doing these things, she will see you care about her, and she will continue to be happy.
Showing her you care will help you keep your girlfriend from cheating on you because she will have no motivation whatsoever to leave you.
5. Be Generous
Show generosity to her occasionally. A small gift today, a little gift tomorrow will let her know you adore her. This is how to keep your girlfriend!
It does not mean you have to necessarily buy her gifts every time, although it is a good idea if you have the money to spare, but you can show generosity in a variety of ways:
- Get her a basket of fruits and vegetables so she can cook a delectable meal for herself.
- Buy phone credit for her so that she can recharge her phone and use it to tell you how much she loves you.
- Help her out financially when you can, if she is facing financially difficulties.
6. Be Faithful to Her
A girl wants to know her boyfriend belongs to her and her alone.
When she knows that your whole heart is devoted to her alone, it makes her happy.
This does not mean that you should not have female friends. You should have other female friends, but let your girlfriend know that they are just platonic friends. Introduce them to your girlfriend so that she will know you are not cheating with them. When you are so open with her, and she sees that you are not romantically involved with these other girls, her mind will be at rest and she will be happy.
Being loyal to your girlfriend is one way to keep your girlfriend happy.
7. Respect Her
If you want to keep your girlfriend attracted to you, you must show maximum respect to her.
One way you can show respect to your girlfriend is to show gratitude for the little things she does for you:
- Thank her when she cooks a nice meal for you.
- Let her know you appreciate the time she spends with you.
- Show appreciation for the pieces of advice she gives you.
- Say only character building and motivational words which will encourage her, to her. Avoid insulting her physical build and her intelligence.
8. Be Romantic
- Let your girlfriend see that you find her a desirable girl by saying romantic words to her often to show you think she is the best. You can say things like, “I think about you from morning to night, baby,” or “You are worth seeing every day, darling.” Come up with other creative words to tell her how wonderful you think she is.
- Give her surprise dates. It does not necessarily have to be in an expensive restaurant, or at a hotel. You can get a bottle or two of fruit juice, a few meat pies or sandwiches, and have a romantic picnic in a park. Alternately, you can have these dates at your house or her house so that you can save money.
- Take her to exotic and exciting places she tells you she would love to go as a treat. She will love it, and love you more.
Being a romantic guy is the best way to keep your girlfriend always happy.
9. Be Playful
If you want to keep your girlfriend from getting bored in the relationship, and from seeking excitement from another guy, you should be playful. Try to be playful when you are with her:
- Tickle her.
- Tease her.
- Make jokes so that she can laugh away her stress.
- Try to let her lighten up and enjoy life.
Taking life too seriously can put a damper on your relationship and make it boring. Injecting such fun can add to the excitement of the relationship and make her happy. It is a way to keep your girlfriend away from other guys who may also be interested in her.
Keep your girlfriend entertained and she will be happy and stick to you.
10. Flatter Her Often
Intentionally say things about her anatomy to make her feel extra good about her body and her figure. Put her on a pedestal, and let her feel she is no ordinary girl.
- For example, you can say something like, “Girl, you have the most beautiful lips in the world.”
- You can say, “Honey, I think your legs are the greatest in the universe.”
- Another way you can flatter her is to say, “I know your shape is the most wonderful on this side of creation.”
It will make her know that you really cherish her, and she will feel excited and extremely good about herself. It will also help you to get your girlfriend’s attention.
11. Show You Are Proud of Her in Public
When you are in public, or when you go to visit friends and family, show signs of affection for your girlfriend in front of them. It will keep your girlfriend excited about the relationship.
- Sit or stand close by her and put your arm around her.
- Hold hands with her often.
- From time to time look into her face for about a minute and just smile at her without uttering a word.
- Put your arm around her neck and tell everybody there how much you love her.
This will show her that you are not ashamed to let others see that you love her, and this will make her happy. It will keep your girlfriend chasing you, and she will never break up with you.
12. Give Her Freedom Sometimes
It is true you love her a lot and you want to spend every waking moment with her, but you should also learn to give her some freedom sometimes so that she can miss you. Giving her freedom will also not make her feel you are intruding too much into her life.
Therefore, from time to time, set aside certain days on which you will not go to her place, so that she can reflect on herself and the relationship, and have time to do things she has not been able to do because she has to spend a lot of time trying to please you. It will let her know you are concerned about her as a person, and she will be happy with you for that. It will keep your girlfriend crazy about you and she will never even think of leaving you.
13. Inspire Her
If you have been exposed to more in life than her, give her dreams and let her see there is a greater life she can aspire to, and that you feel she has the potential to do even greater things than she is doing in her life now. It will give her something to think about, and make her know that she has potential she can tap into as a person, and it will help you to keep your girlfriend close. It will boost her self-confidence. A person who is always looking forward to something greater, with self-confidence, is generally happier.
14. Be Patient When She Messes Up
If you want to keep your girlfriend happy, then treat her with patience when she disrespects you or does something which cuts your heart into two. When you decide to be patient, you will be able to tell her in a civil manner how you are hurt, and this will give her an opportunity to ask for forgiveness in a peaceful manner. Becoming impatient may turn the ant-hill into a mountain, blow up the disagreement, and you may have a major fight.
Being patient and handling conflicts in a mature manner will keep your girlfriend from dumping you because she will see your value as a peaceful guy.
15. Maintain Your Commitment to the Relationship
If you want to keep your girlfriend happy, you need to sustain your interest in the relationship by letting her know, by word of mouth, that you are committed to the relationship, and that you will do your best to make the relationship work. This will let her know that she has a stable relationship to look forward to, and this will make her very happy. It will keep your girlfriend wanting you.
16.Try to Fulfill Her Expectations
It is true that you cannot fulfill every expectation your girlfriend wants you to fulfill, but you must be able to fulfill a great number of them. Do your best to meet her expectations, or at least meet her half-way, and she will be a happy girlfriend:
- Sit down with her regularly and discuss what she expects from you.
- Ask her if you are fulfilling them.
- If you are not, then try to do better. Ask her to help you meet her expectations. For example, if she expects you to be more romantic, ask her what you can do which she will consider as being romantic. Then do it for her. If she thinks you are not showing enough love, inquire from her why she feels that way, and then implement whatever suggestions she gives you.
If you are able to fulfill most of her expectations, it will keep your girlfriend from leaving you for another guy.
17. Never Abuse Her Verbally or Physically
When a guy abuses a girl, it speaks poorly of him and casts a slur on her character. It is not a sign of love, and it is despicable.
Therefore, do your best never to abuse your girlfriend verbally, or by beating her up. Never extend your hands to hit her. Try to talk through problems and make an effort to resolve them amicably. This will get your girlfriend so emotionally attached to you that she will never consider leaving you.
If you cannot thrash out all issues between yourselves, seek the counsel and help of more experienced people than you.
If you think you are not happy with the behavior of your girlfriend, the best thing you have to do is to part ways.
18. Create Future Visions With Her
If you want to keep your girlfriend to be happy, create future dreams and visions with her. Make plans about the future together. This will let her know that you are a guy with a vision, and it will keep her looking forward to something good in the future. This will lift her spirit and make her feel happy because she knows you take the relationship very seriously. It will keep your girlfriend faithful to you, and keep her from leaving.
19. Be a Thoughtful Boyfriend
You must be able to read your girlfriend, and to do the right thing at the right time always.
Therefore, get to know her personality well, her mood changes, the times when she feels like talking, and the times when she wants to be left alone, if you want to keep your girlfriend from losing interest.
When you are able to respond to her changing desires accurately, it will lead to less tension in the relationship, and both of you will feel more comfortable with each other.
20. Keep Past Mistakes in the Past
When she does something you hate, and you tell her, and the issue is resolved, try not to bring it into the present again. Bringing it up again will cause healed wounds to be opened afresh, and it will make her unhappy.
Let your girlfriend’s mistakes die with the past, if you want to keep your girlfriend happy and interested in you.
21. Don’t Look Down on Her
Treat your girlfriend as a human being with desires, intelligence, aspirations, and abilities which can rival your own, if you want to keep your girlfriend happy. Let her feel she is also a capable person, and it will make her feel great about herself and her abilities. It will keep your girlfriend interested in you forever.
If you are able to keep your girlfriend happy, and you show love to her, it will prevent a break up with its consequences. You will not need to go through the trouble of trying to make the relationship work again.
Do you have a girlfriend? What are you doing to make her stick with you? Share it by leaving a comment. Thank you.