How to Date a Girl: Show Her You Will Be a Good Lover
How do you go about asking a girl for a date? What should you do? Below I show you how to date a girl you like, or who you know likes you.
1. Show Her You Will Be A Good Lover
A good lover pays attention to detail. A good lover cares about what impression people will have of him, and how that impression will also rub- off on his girl. A good lover pays attention to his appearance and always wants to look good for his woman.
It is very important for you to make sure you always look sharp, decent, and attractive if you want to date a girl you like. This will give you a reputation for always looking good, people may notice it including the girl you want to date, or her friends, they make talk about, or she will talk about it and like you even before you make the approach. This will make you more attractive, and she may even be attracted to you before you approach her, which will make your job easier.
Therefore, make sure you take personal care of your body, and how you dress very seriously. Ensure your hair is cut regularly, cut your nails to prevent them overgrowing, shave all hair that needs to be shaved, keep good oral hygiene, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and drink a lot of water every day, so that you will good and fresh breath. This is one of the tips for how to date a girl.
2. Develop Your Confidence
No soldier goes to war believing he may win the war, or that he will lose the war. No soccer player goes into a crucial match thinking he will lose the game; he goes into the game believing that he has what it takes to help his team win the game.
In that same vein, you need to work on yourself and believe that you can win the girl you want to date. There are many guys who cannot date the girls they are interested in because they do not have the courage to approach the girl and tell her they like her. Gathering courage and confidence to approach the girl is a crucial step you must take to date a girl for free and make her your own.
Therefore, believe in yourself. Know that you can do it, know it in your heart, and then decide to approach her.
3. Decide the Method
If you already have a girl in mind, you need to make up your mind how exactly you are going to approach her. If you approach her the wrong way, even if she likes you, she may have second thoughts. For example, some guys like to let a girl know they like her by first texting, as a way of testing the waters, and then when they meet the girl next time, they see how she took it so that they will know whether they have a chance. Some girls have turned down such guys and refused to date them.
Some guys prefer to tell a girl over the phone that they like them and want to go out with them.
Choosing to meet her in person, and to say it to her face-to-face is the best option. It shows you have the confidence to approach a woman, and it also gives her the impression that you are bold, one quality girls admire in guys, which will also make her have a good estimation of your manliness.
4. Decide the Setting
Make up your mind where exactly you will tell her you want to go out with her. If you say it in the wrong place, even if she likes you, she may feel apprehensive, or say no. For example, if you say it in class when there are other guys or girls around, she may say no if she is a shy girl.
The best place to say to a girl that you want to date her is where there is no one else there. If you want to date a girl who is already your best friend, or a girl in your class, then tell her you have something special to say to her, and tell her exactly where you want to meet her, and at what time. It must be somewhere both of you will feel comfortable, and where you can express yourself confidently. It could be a park, an empty classroom, her hostel room when her roommates are not around, your hostel room when you know you will be the only one there, your home, or her home.
If you want to date a girl you barely know, then you will have to monitor her and know where she likes going a lot. Choose a time when you see her alone in one of these places, and approach her.
5. Choose the Right Time
A person’s mood is affected by what he or she is going through: if she is going through sad times, the likelihood that she will respond well to a date request will be slim. If she is going through great times, she is happy, she is more likely to accept a date proposal.
Do your research and find out what the girl is going through. If your intelligence tells you she has heard some bad news recently, then you may have to postpone your proposal to a time when she will become more relaxed, and is more likely to have a better disposition.
The best time to approach a girl you want to date is when she has heard some good news. This will increase the chances that she will accept your request and give you a favorable response.
6. Approach Her
Meet her at the right place. Walk confidently to her, smile broadly, look cheerful and lively, look her straight in the eyes and greet her. Compliment her on her dressing, or hairstyle, or on some part of her body you like. For example you can say, “Hello, I saw you from that corner there where I was. I must say I like your dress and your hairstyle. The color combination is just great. I thought I would like to know the girl in such a beautiful dress. Where did you get such a dress? By the way, I am…” Introduce yourself, and try to engage her in a conversation.
Alternately, you can go up to her, greet her, introduce yourself, and share a joke to calm your nerves, and to lighten the atmosphere so that you can start a friendly conversation with her.
7. Engage Her In a Lively Conversation
If she is not in a mood to talk, apologize nicely and say it was great for you to meet, and that you hope the two of you will meet again somewhere. And then, be patient, remain calm, and hope circumstances throw both of you together at another time.
If she is responsive to talking, then use the opportunity to get to know her better. Ask her questions about her life, and try to extract from her whether she has a boyfriend or not, or whether she has dated before. It will give you an indication as to her dating experience, and whether she is interested in dating anyone at the moment, for it is possible she may be a girl who doesn’t want a relationship at the time that you want to date her.
If she is a girl who can date, and wants to date, drop hints (through jokes) that you like her. You can say something like, “I have always dreamt of dating a girl like you.” See if she likes that comment.
If she gets your hints and understands, get her phone number and call her later. Have about two or three more conversations so that she can get to know how likeable you are and trust you more, and then tell her you want to go out with her.
You can say, “Rebecca, I like you. I like your intelligence when we have conversations, the wit and humor you exhibit, and I like your personality. I think you are a great girl and I want to have closer relationship with you. Would you like to go out with me?”
If she accepts your request, then make dating plans.
When You Go Out
- Make sure you look good, especially for your first date.Be interesting and lively. Share a lot of jokes and make her laugh. Avoid being too quiet, and don’t monopolize the conversations. Properly balance talking a little with listening to what she also has to say.
- Do not ramble on and on about yourself. It irritates a lot of girls. The date is not about you, but is giving you an opportunity to get to know each other.
- Do not want to know everything about the girl right away. It is overwhelming and makes a girl feel like running in the opposite direction.
- Do not isolate yourselves when you have a date. When young people who are attracted to each other isolate themselves, as is common in dating, sexual desire can build up until it causes you to want to have sex.
- Avoid kissing and touching sensitive parts of your bodies, which might lead you to have sex. Many young men’s lives have been destroyed by contracting sexually transmitted infections, or by impregnating a girl and taking on a responsibility they were not prepared for, and thereby destroying their future. Do not think it cannot happen to you, that you can kiss and hold hands, and be able to control yourself and not go all the way, as many youths think. Kissing and cuddling can cause a buildup in your emotions and make you do something you may regret later.
- Do not date a girl secretly. You rob yourself of the protection that you can have when your relationship is known by your family.
- Don’t date a girl without her parents knowing. When her parents know you, they are more likely to give you respect and think you are a responsible guy. They will like you for that, and they will agree to make you date her. If you intend to have a long-term relationship with her, this will go a long way to help you since her parents will give you the needed support.
- Make your relationship open, and let your parents and your older siblings know. Because of their experience, they are aware of the possible dangers involved in dating, and can offer you helpful direction. Do not think your parents will be too restrictive and rob you of fun. Talk to them honestly, win their trust, and ask them for advice. They will be glad to help you.
If You Do Not Have a Girl In Mind
If you are not friendly with any girl, or you are a shy guy and wondering how you can get a girl to date, here a few things you can do:
- Invite friends who are extroverts to your house regularly, or make friends with extroverts, go to social occasions with them to help build your confidence, and learn some lessons from how they socialize and make friends with girls.
- Make your approach one step at a time. Go to places where you can share your passions and you are likely to meet a girl there who likes the things you care about.
- When you see a girl you like, make a gradual introduction of yourself. Just say “Hi” the first time, and get to know more about her on subsequent occasions.
- Make friends with girls online. Say hi to girls on Facebook, Twitter, Hi5, and find out if they are dating. If they are not, interact more with them and build your confidence till you can meet them in person.
- If you are not confident to talk so much, listen to her a lot when you make an acquaintance. Sometimes, girls just want someone who listens, for they have a lot to say.
- Share your fears with her. That is one great way to gain a girl’s trust and make her like you. She will see she is not the only one with vulnerabilities, and she will also open up to you.
These are a few steps you can take to date a girl. If you approach her well, it is likely you will get to date her. Make her feel special during your period of dating, and you can get her to love you and have a long-term relationship.